There are presently no open calls for submissions.
The award-winning Honors Project Newsletter has now become an academic and literary journal of The Writers Project.
The Labyrinth began as a student-generated newsletter of the Honors Project at College of San Mateo, providing audiences across campus with news about the Honors Project. Now a publication of the Writers Project, the student club associated with the Honors Project, Labyrinth has a new look and function. Dedicated to promoting student writing and fine arts, Labyrinth showcases the intellectual and artistic talents of students in the SMCCCD.
Submissions are open to all SMCCCD students. We believe in equity and access; we encourage all students to submit their own, original work to Labyrinth
- .doc or .docx files only, no PDFs.
- Please note that your name should only be entered where indicated in the form. We do our best to conduct an impartial and fair selection process, so please make sure your name is not included in your doc/docx file.
- If your name is anywhere in the file, including the file name, your submission will be disqualified.
- No more than 3 poems, academic pieces, or prose per person.
- No more than 5,000 words in total.
- Photos: .jpeg and .png files only, all submissions must be of a good resolution, at least 300 dpi.
- You may submit additional poems, photos, and pieces as new submissions.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting, you certify that the content which you are submitting is original to you and/or that you have obtained all permissions, releases, rights, or licenses required to engage in your submission of the content. You further certify that the content you are submitting does not and will not violate, infringe, or, misappropriate any third party’s copyright, trademark, right of privacy or publicity, or other personal or proprietary right, nor does your content contain any matter that is defamatory, obscene, unlawful, threatening, abusive, tortious, offensive or harassing. Your violation and/or failure to abide by these terms will be considered a violation of the San Mateo County Community College District’s Student Code of Ethics and/or Standards of Student Conduct, and may result in disciplinary sanctions against you.
By submitting visual artwork for consideration, you authorize Labyrinth to use those images for publication and promotional materials. You also authorize editors to alter images as needed for formatting purposes.